Tuesday 27 October 2009

Things You Find When Ill (1)

I was hovering around the internet, looking for tasty bits of distracting rubbish, when I came across this CNN story - linked here.

The gist is that there is a trend for souped up golf carts. Alright, I can see the logic in that - if you could afford the Ferrari of the Fairway, you'd choose that, over the G-Wizz of the Greens. (I like that line a lot. Read it again, please. Mmmm.)

The section that really caught my attention, was this one:

The most recent purchase was by pop star Cheryl Cole, who bought husband and Chelsea footballer Ashley Cole a "Mini-Hummer" buggy as a gift, spending $8,000 customizing the cart with gold-plated hub caps, Swarovski crystals and a trunk for his golf clubs.


Footballers often play golf, but I had previously assumed it wouldn't be one of Ashley's hobbies. I searched Google for references to Ashley Cole ever playing golf, and got nothing. Nowt.

So, is this the most ludicrous golf related purchase ever? Please get in touch if you have either one of the below;
  1. More ludicrous wastes of money stories
  2. Pictures of Ashley Cole playing 18 hole golf
  3. Ideas for the most over-pimped 'thing' ever

Thank you.

No comments: