Tuesday 15 January 2008

Darts

Afternoon,

I have been deeply impressed in the last week by the skill and commitment shown by the darts players in the BDO World Championship. I have also been moved by the deft turns of phrase of the commentators, as well as the lunacy of some of the paying visitors attire.

I have been playing pool since everything was black and white, and with an impending move and severe change in my cash situation - Darts will be my sport for 2008. It was going to be golf. I was thinking about joining a pool league. No, darts will win because it is:
  • Free
  • Helps my arithmetic
  • A sport I can practise indoors in a relatively small area

It's only three days to payday, I've been in touch with Greggs for a bulk delivery of Steak Bakes. Watch this space.

No comments: