Sunday 29 June 2008

A Pint of Lightning

I've been toying with the idea of an entire surreal radio station being condensed into fifteen minutes and being put together by myself, with me doing all the parts.

There would be a news / current affairs programme, sports, traffic reports, bulletins, weather reports, foreign reports, location interviews, etc. I should be able to do this as there are local soundscapes to use, and then mixing it in using Audacity.

I'm basing my thinking around Radio Five, which I have seemed to have absorbed on the two weeks I have spent away from work. This will also save me from lapsing into Colin the Inappropriate Hospital DJ, as I'm saving him for later and I can't use real music for copyright reasons.

Anyhow, here's a written sample of one of the weather reports:

James: And now it’s over to Alex with the weather, from the Melodramatic Weather Office.

Alex: Thank you, James. For the majority of the country today, there will be prolonged spells of incessant abject misery pouring from leaden skies, if not to irretrievably flood the country but at the very least drown it beyond recognition. Coastal regions will be too close to the wrath of Neptune to be spared. For Central end Eastern Scotland, it will be hotter than the surface of the sun for the best part of the afternoon, Weather Office advice is to stay indoors and paint everything white. And that’s the weather.

No comments: